Gablee Projects Ltd
Terms and Conditions
Here at Gablee Projects Ltd, we recognise that the majority of people are genuine and like to build working relationships on a trust basis. That said, every company requires terms and conditions to protect itself and its customers from uncertainty. We hope that you find these reasonable and if you need clarification on any of the points below, please contact us. By placing an order with us you agree to these terms and conditions.
1. For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Gablee Projects Ltd.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
(c) “The Operative or Engineer” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
Acceptance Of Works
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
Estimates And Fixed Price Work
3. Any estimate supplied by the Company is subject to withdrawal at any time before receipt of an unqualified acceptance from the Customer, and shall be deemed withdrawn unless it has been accepted within 28 days from its date.
4. Any estimate provided by the Company may be revised in the following circumstances:
a. if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
b. if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
c. if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared .
5. The Company shall only be bound by estimates given in writing to the customer. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given verbally.
Deposits, Prices And Payment
6. Any prices or rates advised are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
7. At the time of accepting the estimate or not more than 7 days thereafter the Customer shall be required to pay a deposit to the Company. For ‘installation only’ estimates the deposit shall be 25% of the estimate value. For ‘supply and installation’ estimates the deposit will be dependant upon the value of the estimate and shall be advised to the Customer at the time of the estimate. Orders shall not be deemed confirmed until the deposit is paid in full.
8. A further 25% on day one of work commencement will be asked for, and the final value on day of completion.
9. Where any services or works provided by the Company is subject to snagging, the Customer agrees to make payment of 95% of the total invoice amount immediately following completion of works. The Customer must then provide the Company access without delay to allow the snagging to be finalised and completed. Payment for the remaining 5% balance will be immediately due following completion of the snagging by the Company, or within 14 days of the invoice date should access not be made available – whichever is sooner.
10. Invoices are due for payment 7 days after delivery to the Customer, unless a specific written agreement to the contrary has been issued by the Company. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company plus late payment fee of £100 or passed to a debt recovery agency.
11. The Company reserves the right to withdraw from site if the contract payment schedule as detailed above or within the estimate is not adhered to. Title and ownership of the materials and equipment will not pass to the Customer until final payment has been made. Any materials can be recoverable by the Company in the event of non-payment, the Customer agrees to allow access to site for this purpose.
12. The Company requires that the site be cleared by the customer prior to commencement of works. If this is not done, the Company will charge a delay fee, and invoice for any clearing work. Should our Operatives be requested to move any furniture or possessions, it is at the owners risk and may incur additional charges in relation to time and equipment.
Inspection, Delivery and Completion Of Works
13. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials. All times provided by the Company are estimates only.
14. If, after the Company has carried out the works, the Customer is not satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 6 months to the Company allowing the Company and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works and carrying out any remedial works as appropriate. If the customer fails to notify the Company of any dis-satisfaction within the 6 months, then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
15. Any order may be cancelled with 14 days notice and any deposit paid for installation fees will be refunded. If an order is cancelled with 6 or less days notice before planned start date the order is subject to a 25% cancellation charge. These charges exist to protect the Company against lost revenue caused by late cancellation of work when the Company could have taken on another order.
16. If the works are cancelled by the customer within the duration of the works then any deposit shall be forfeited and a charge made for any works completed or materials purchased as deemed reasonable by the Company
17. The Company reserves the right to photograph work as it progresses and to post such photos on the Company website or social media. At no point will the Company disclose the customers name or address during this process.
18. Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/membership/whichtrustedtraders/
19. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
a. Subject to misuse or negligence.
b. Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability; materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.